Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

So this has been a tiring week. My kids still don't sleep and now I've sabotaged myself TWICE in one week with romance novels. The first was a Julie James title, and last night was My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis. (Er, last night as I'm writing this, but I'll be scheduling this post for the release date. Hopefully when you read this I won't be as tired. HAHAHA, riiiiiight.)


Here's the summary:
UNEXPECTED AND UNDENIABLE . . .

Bailey Moore has an agenda: skiing in the Rockies, exploring castles in Europe, ballroom dancing in Argentina. Now that she has a second lease on life, she's determined not to miss a thing. What she doesn't realize is that item #1 comes with a six-foot-one ski god hot enough to melt a polar ice cap. She doesn't want to miss out on him either, but Hudson Kincaid isn't the type of guy to love and let go. And as gorgeous as Cedar Ridge is, she's not planning to stick around.

As head of ski patrol at his family's resort, Hud thinks he's seen it all. But never has he run into someone like Bailey. She might look delicate, but her attitude is all firecracker. And her infectious joy touches something deep within him that he's been missing far too long. Now he'll just have to convince Bailey to take a chance on her biggest adventure yet . . . something rare and all kinds of wonderful.

Oh Hudson. I love you. I wish you were a bit less stubborn, but I love you.  When I read Aidan's story I thought that he was going to be the brother who always had to be in control of everything, but nope, turns out it's Hudson. (Meanwhile Gray, the older brother who you'd think would be the in control one can only think about getting it on with his wife, which frankly got a little old.) Hudson blames himself for everything that goes wrong, for reasons that are at time fairly unclear. He takes the blame for his twin disappearing after high school and believes he doesn't have the right to be happy until he gets Jacob back. This is ridiculous, and everyone but him knows it, but that's his main stumbling block in a happy relationship.

Meanwhile Bailey has really just starting living after spending much of her life too sick to dream and while she believes that Hudson is just one more check mark on her list of living life fully, she's quickly coming to realize that what she suggested is not what she wants. Bailey really has no reservations, once she figures herself out. While she's stubborn and it takes a bit for her to get over Hud's stubbornness, she always does. She's easy going and understanding and possibly makes things a bit too easy for Hudson.

The attraction is clearly there, and the intimate moments are well done. I love that Hudson firmly believes Bailey when she tells him she's ok, and doesn't ever treat her like a fragile flower who can't DO things just because she was sick before. The one thing that doesn't stop him at all is her health and her future health- she tells him she can handle it, that she's ok, and he accepts what she says without coddling her. Like I said, I stayed up WAY too late to finish this one up and read the entire book, start to finish, last night. This hasn't happened in a very, very long time.  I am so happy to have a great Shalvis series after the end of Lucky Harbor, and I'm enjoying this new cast of characters. I can not wait for Jacob's story, which turns out to be next (I really thought they'd save him for last, but it looks like we're going in age order of the siblings.)

My Kind of Wonderful comes out today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like the sound of this one - especially how Hudson treats Bailey. I always have a hard time really believing in a HEA if one character doesn't listen to the other. Now I just need to read the first one so I can get to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adding to the looong to-read list! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment! Whenever possible I reply to comments via email, so please leave an email address if you want a direct reply. Anonymous users, I'm sorry, but until you stop leaving spam, you can't comment.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP